28. February 2004 08:19
A while back I wrote some small articles on robotics for the local Hobby Robotics Web Page
Building a Maze Robot - How I built a maze robot to win a robotic competition in Phoenix Arizona
30 Days of ER1 - Details about using the ER1 robot from Evolution Robotics for 30 days.
These guys used some of my Vector 2X code I published a long time ago in their class project
26. February 2004 00:04
Mark Tilden has designed a new toy robot that uses some real cool features. The power consumption technologies alone are worth the price of the toy. It uses the motor to assist in generated power to charge the batteries. The end result is a robot that can run continously for 20 hours! That is impresive! Check out some video clips on the robot.
25. February 2004 19:17
I have been using Cute FTP for a long time now and I finally got fed up with the way it would stop transffering files from it's queue about 3/4 of the way through a multi file transfer. This really annoyed me because it always happened when I was pressed for time and I needed to update one of my websites. So I searched http://www.sourceforge.net
and found FileZilla
. So far I really like this program. It has a very nice UI and has worked flawlessly for me for 2 months now.
25. February 2004 08:18
Looks like David Ornstein
the latest build of FlexWiki
. This build has my contributions for the beginings of a wiki that cant be locked down using Forms Authentication. I have some more contributions coming that allow individual namespaces to be locked down. Check out the FlexWikiSecurityProject
for more details.
11. February 2004 23:58
Saw this way cool article on building a Drum Machine with DirectX9 and C#
. This article details how to stream audio to DirectX9 with C#. This little app only needs a couple enhancements to be able to save the drum patterns and output a WAV file and it would be very usefull in my home video projects.
10. February 2004 06:20
I checked in the FlexWiki security framework last night. This completes the initial tasks of getting a plugable architecture for storing the user and permission information. The only Data Provider that is available right now is a SimpleDataProvider. This data provider is designed to be simple to deploy but is limited in it's performance capabilities. Check out the FlexWikiSecurityProject for more details. Next up I have to start plugging the security into the FlexWiki web.
5. February 2004 23:30
While working on FlexWiki security enhancements I needed the ability for my NUnit tests to execute some code that pulled configuration information out of the web.config file. Since the NUnit tests ran in another directory while executing the tests inside of the VS.NET IDE I needed to have the configuration file to exist in the directory where my test DLL resided. Here is what I put in my SetUp code of my test harness to copy the config file.
public void Setup()
// Copy the web.config over to the nunit directory so config seetings can be loaded
Amazingly enough this was enough to get my tests running. However if I run the tests using the nunit-gui the configuration settions are not found. I suspect it has something to do with where the Nunit-gui.EXE is located. I am not sure how I am going to figure out where to copy the configuration file in this case.
26. January 2004 23:08
I stumbled across an X10 .Net Library
today. Looks like this will be a great start for my HomeAutomation
22. January 2004 18:21
I checked in some bug fixes to FlexWiki at lunch today with regards to URL parsing. Some of the special characters used in many URLs were not rendering. I noticed this in my Intranet installation of FlexWiki at work. I probably could have used an external link to solve my problems but I don't like the way the external links look.
I have been using FlexWiki at work every day now. Several other people have started to catch on in it's usage. We are starting the design phase of our next version and using FlexWiki has worked great as a way to consolodate a set of questions in a central place for review in design meetings.
20. January 2004 21:43
I played around with FlexWiki
to see if I could create a secure Wiki. I decided to add a Login page and use Forms authentication. Since I only wanted one namespace secure I decided to create another subdomain to hold the secure namespace. Of course this required me to fully load the FlexWiki
binaries and configuration files into the new subdomain but that is ok for now. It seems to work ok.