I have been listening to several podcasts over the last couple of months. I have to say I am hooked on some of the technical shows. Whenever I am in the car I listen to a podcast. The radio in my car is rarely tuned on. I use a Dell Axim x50v with Media Player 10 and iPodder 1.1.4. I have been spending a lot of time trying to get the content to synchronise correctly. I am not sure if it is iPodder, Media player or my Active Sync program that has problems with this. But for some reason at times I noticed podcasts that are on my PC but are not on my Pocket PC. I think there is an update to Active Sync I do not have so I am going to try this first to solve my problem.
I have a few grips on this setup
- There needs to be a purge podcasts after x days setting.
- Finding new podcasts on the device is a real pain. Need a playlist that can be settup to show podcasts added in the last x days.
- Organizing podcasts with playlists is a real pain.
- Deleting podcasts on the Pocket PC should delete it from the PC. I don't want the podcast once I hear it and I listen to 90% of them on the Pocket PC.
- I need bookmarks. Stopping a podcast and starting it later is a pain.
- The media center interface is clunky. I have to click too many menu items to get to a playlist.
- The buttons and the screen on the Pocket PC are way too easy to bump while listening to a podcast.